Followers

Pariah Kites | Black Kites | Kite Bird

Pariah Kites 

Pariah Kites a kite bird also known as black kites are often seen in flight together with the other species of Red Kites known as Brahminy Kites can be seen nesting at the pamban beach. While walking on the motor bridge in parallel to pamban bridge i got lucky to see numerous kite birds which were then moving with great pace. Well then not good at capturing it, I did somehow manage to get something fit in my camera frame.

Pariah Kite Bird, a scavenger kite of India are a medium-sized bird of prey, a subspecies of black kite with around 730 grams in weight and 47-60 cm in length. These kite birds have broad wings, hooked beaks and gifted with the field of vision.

I did manage taking these shots from pamban beach on my trip to Rameshwaram and thanks to these beautiful kite birds for posing it all to me, specially do notice the pariah posing in the frame, i loved it.

Scientific Classification

Scientific name: Milvus migrans
Phylum: Chordata
Higher classification: Milvus
Order: Accipitriformes
Rank: Species


Pariah Kite Bird

Black Kite Bird



Please stay tuned to my blogs to come across my photography and story behind it. Please do like share and put your valuable comments if you have liked my this small piece in any way.
Thanks for reading !! 

Post a Comment

0 Comments